Today I decided to make a larger volume of my Amber so that I'll have some to drink on into Thanksgiving.
I would have doubled the batch size but that would have exceeded the limits of my mash tun. So I calculated the total volume of grain and mash water that would get me right up to the brim. I had to thicken the mash a bit to get enough fermentables in the cooler to make 10.5 gallons.
I hit the mash temperature just a half a degree long at 152.5 and filled it.
It did a great job on the Session IPA I made a couple of weeks ago so I'll make it a permanent part of my process.
On another note I'm working on a business plan when I can. It's slow going but really instructive.
Good Beer To You.
Sunday, August 6, 2017
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)